Generation of any combination of substitution from a single base to 54-base stretch (or more) at any target site by single round mutagenesis reaction.
Our basic service starts at $259 for mutagenesis in 18 bp sequnece in a construct smaller than 10 kb (vector + gene insert < 10 kb).
– For substitution of a target sequnece longer than 54 bp, please contact us for specific price.
– For construct bigger than 10.0 kb, we charge extra manipulation fee of $50 per mutant.
– Discount rate applies to an order more than 5 mutations (from 6 orders).
– If you need mutagenesis at several separate sites, please see multiple-site mutagenesis.
– 18-base substitution, construct size < 10 kb,
– 1 ~ 5 order: $259 per mutation
– 6 ~ 10 order: $246.05 (5% off)
– More than 10 order: $233.10 (10% off)
– Turnaround time: typically 10 ~ 15 business days
A set of Ala scanning mutants is very useful to define functionally important residues or domains of a protein. An Ala scanning mutagenesis systemically replaces codons which encode amino acids at different positions of a protein to Ala codons.
Cys scanning mutagenesis can be used to probe whether or not a region of a protein is membrane-spanning, since cysteine interacts with a readily detectable membrane-permeable thiol reagent such as N-ethylmaleimide.