In vitro mutagenesis
Starting materials provided by the customer
To initiate a project, please provide us,
1. At least one microgram of a plasmid containing the target gene
2. Target gene information:
- DNA sequence (or GenBank accession no),
- Subcloning sites in vector,
- Target sequences for mutations
3. Vector information: Vector sequence (or commercial name), map, and antibiotics resistance
♠ Mutagenex fully understands how important and sensitive the sequence data and other information communicated with our customers are. All materials and information from customers will be held strictly confidential.
♠ To submit your mutagenesis or subcloning project, please contact us or request a quotation online. Orders can be placed by e-mail with an approved PO or credit card.
We will perform
1. Construction of mutagenesis or subcloning strategy.
2. Design and synthesis of mutagenic DNA fragments or PCR primers.
3. Mutagenesis of a target gene and subcloning in a destination vector.
4. Sequence verification* to confirm the mutation.
5. Shipping purified plasmid (mini-prep) along with colony stab culture, DNA sequencing data, alignment result and report.
* The mutations are confirmed by DNA sequencing up to 1.0 kb region encompassing the target mutation at free. For DNA sequencing of whole gene insert, we will charge $25 per extra 800 bp sequencing for primer sysnthesis, sequncing reactions, plasmid prep and sequence analysis for at least three selected colonies (optional).
For international customers and projects
- For international customers, we only accept credit card payments. To initiate, we will provide an estimated quote and a payment link operated by Square, which is a secure method to pay by card and does not share any of your card information with us.
Once we confirm the payment, we will accept the order and start the new project.
- Mutant constructs will be provided on filter membrane blots containing ten micrograms of the purified plasmid.
Bacterial stab culture will not be available for international shipment.